The Northwest Association of Domestic Violence Treatment Professionals (NWADVTP) mission is to; increase the safety of Domestic Violence (DV) victims and their families, to increase perpetrator accountability for their abusive and controlling behaviors.
The NWADVTP Aims To Do This By:
- Sharing and distribution of information regarding DV issues.
- Increasing professionalism and standards of service for Domestic Violence Perpetrator Treatment (DVPT) providers.
- Legislative advocacy regarding DV issues.
The NWADVTP Hopes To:
- Provide conferences and training for the DVPT community
- Support peer consultation
- Provide peer review of program ideology, methodology, and WAC 388-60 compliance, upon request of a program
- Provide training to other parts of the coordinated community response (e.g., judges, probation, etc.)
- Strengthen the relationship between DVPT and advocacy communities
- Keep the DVPT community informed regarding legislative issues affecting our work
- Advocate for DVPT